Ringworm is one of the fungal infections that you certainly do not wish to have considering that it is itchy and it looks bad on your skin. They can occur anywhere on your body. Even on your scalp. If it occurs on your scalp, then they are called scalp ringworms and are quite hard to get rid of.
Though many people tend to resort to over-the-counter fungal remedies to treat such ringworm infections, there are few home remedies for ringworms that we tend to overlook. These home remedies tend to show us how to treat ringworm even without using those drugs that we can buy from the drug stores.
It is important for us to know what these home remedies for ringworm are, since they are healthier and do not contain harmful chemicals that are added to those commercially sold products. Check out the list and you might be surprised to know that the treatment you need for your ringworm infection is just right under your own roof.
- Nail Polish Remover
It may be hard to believe that a cosmetic product for nails can actually become a medicinal cure for an infection. But whether you believe it or not, nail polish remover can treat irritating ringworms. The effect of the nail polish remover to the fungi is that it asphyxiates them, or simply killing the fungi by not giving them air needed for them to live. Just take note that if the ringworm infects children, this particular treatment is a no-no since this can sting.
- Prepare double-sided Q-tips before you start the procedure.
- Simply soak one end of the Q-tip with the nail polish remover and apply it directly on the area. This may sting a bit so you’d better brace yourself.
- After 8 hours, remove the nail polish remover with a towel and re-apply again. If you will use the same Q-tip, dip the other end of the Q-tip. Make sure that you do not dip the same end that you previously use as this can contaminate the nail polish remover solution.
- The ringworm will disappear in a few days.
- Vegetable Juice
We all know that vegetables are healthy for us, but it is also one effective ringworm treatment for humans. As one of the best home remedies for ringworms, prefer consuming vegetables that are rich in vitamin A are good in killing fungi. This particular vitamin is considered as a natural fungicide, hence, overloading your body with it will make you say good bye to ringworm. It is also very simple to prepare. All you have to do is to choose two vegetables that are relatively rich in Vitamin A and mix them into a smoothie. Most people tend to choose carrots and spinach.
Other ways to home treat ringworm infection are as follows:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Wash bed sheets and towels using hot water mixed with anti-fungal cleaner.
- Refrain from eating white grains and sugar.
- Keep your skin dry and cool.
- If the ringworm is on your scalp, wear a cap in the day and even when you are sleeping. Also wash your hair regularly.